Wednesday, March 16, 2005

RTS Awards

Three hearty huzzahs for Tamsin Greig, who won 'Best Comedy Performance' at the Royal Television Society Awards last night. Of course the power will now go to her head, and she'll start appearing at rehearsals dressed as a Russian Empress, preceeded by dwarves scattering rose petals, but never mind. It's time Mark Heap gave the costume back anyway.

NB: Tell cello off the C4 forum that I wasn't there, or I would have said hello. In fact, 'Hello' anyway. Hope that counts...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about fantasycheck too?! i'm from the forum land too. why weren't you there james?

Willie Lupin said...

May I add a few hearty huzzahs for Tamsin. But how can you pick one performance from a cast like that? There should be some kind of 'ensemble' award for casts without a single weak link.

James Henry said...

I was at home in Cornwall, many miles away, having a very hot bath and reading science-fiction books, which frankly trumps any awards ceremony going. And I'm sure Tamsin let all the other cast have a touch of her trophy, so they didn't get jealous.

And I genuinely don't know who fantasycheck is, embarrassingly. I think I know, but I'm not sure.,.

BiScUiTs said...

Yay for Tamsin!

Anonymous said...

i'd have given the award to the actress who plays sue white.

she had me laughing alot more than Tamsin.

but thats partly down to the writing i suppose. Sue is completely insane, caroline is somewhat more grounded.

Its the reason my favourite character on Futurama is Dr Zoidberg.

or maybe hermes... i can't decide.

James Henry said...

I love the Zoidberg too, but Bender is my all-time fave, particularly the completely random 'Bender is great' song.