Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Well it is.

Sitting in local coffee shop with tiny daughture, now nearly two years old, reflecting on the pleasantness of the weather, the fact that the last draft of my cornish crime drama thing has now made its (possibly) final voyage to BBC Commissioning Chap, and generally feeling well-disposed and peaceful towards the world in general.

DAUGHTER: DEATH!

Slight pause.

ME: Hmm?
DAUGHTER: DEATH! DEATH! (pause) DEATH!

Coffee shop manager looks over in an amused-but-also-slightly-concerned sort of way.

DAUGHTER: DEATH!
ME: I think she's actually saying 'EGGS' or something, and it just sounds like 'DEATH'.

DAUGHTER: DEATH!

Another pause.

ME: Well, it's probably time we went to the supermarket.

In the supermarket:

DAUGHTER: SIX SIX SIX! SIX SIX SIX!

Cashier looks at me.

ME: (weakly) It's her favourite number.


IN OTHER NEWS: Orbyn has kindly put up my contribution to her Curious blog

5 comments:

Jayne said...

You've been playing D&D in front of her haven't you? Tut. At least I'm hoping this is the reason as any others would involve priests, holy water and, possibly, a stake through the heart - or is that only for vampires?

Tim F said...

Oh, the perils of ironic Marilyn Manson babygros.

Jayne said...

PS May I also refer you back to my comment on your post of 8th July. I'm just sayin'

James Henry said...

It's funny, but whenever I say the name 'Jayne', daughter gets a weird glowly look in her eyes and starts doing spooky backwards walking. Odd.

Jayne said...

Oh I think you'll find that all children do that when they hear my name. They grow out of it at about 12 when they become happy slapping hooligans...